[vdr] Re: Programming VDR over Web

Thomas Koch wrote:

> Am 9.10.2001 um 13:48 schrieb Axel Gruber:
>
> > > line 19/20. All HTML stuff is templated, so we can (i hope) change simple
> > > language and layout.
> > I donīt have it tryed it yet - but is it possible to use it for Delete
> > recordings and switching Channel too?
>
> Switching channels is possible (but not yet implemented). Manage
> recordings is not possible since VDR does not support this.
>
> @Klaus: Is it possible to add some commands to manage recordings in SVDRP?
>         (list, delete...). What sense makes the GRAB command? The
>         resulting picture is stored localy, is it possible to change this
>         that the picuture is delivered via SVDRP?

Hi Thomas,

why do you need vdr support to read, list or delete files and
directories on the vdr machine?

If the vdr machine and the web server are the same machine,
these are local files.

Otherwise, you may be able to access them via ssh and scp or
via ftp.

I believe it would be an unnecessary burden on vdr to provide
file access functions over the net.

Carsten.

Home | Main Index | Thread Index