[vdr] a/v sync (was: Re: Re: ERROR: can't record MPEG1

Klaus.Schmidinger@cadsoft.de(Klaus Schmidinger)  12.10.01 23:48

Once upon a time Klaus Schmidinger shaped the electrons to say...

>> Is there a way to log such resyncs?

>VDR itself doesn't do anything to "resync" audio and video.
>It just repacks the data that comes from the Transport Stream.

"Transport Stream" = what is read from hard disc?

>The _driver_ must keep a/v in sync when replaying (provided the
>data is delivered in a way suitable to keep it in sync, which
>apparently is the case with VDR's recordings).

Effect:
a/v becomes async (mouths still moves while the word has ended ;-))
press "pause"
release "pause"
a/v is (sometimes) back in sync.
Sometines a short rewind helps better.
Sometimes nothing helps at that scene.

Why is it so?  :-)

If a/v is locked, how can audio and video run ouf of sync at all?
(Only on recordings of cause)
(I understand that there may be a constant offset (in the range
of some (dozen) milliseconds), but not that the offset increases
while playing.
An theories? ;-)

Home | Main Index | Thread Index