[vdr] Re: system hangs after deleting records in vdr

mobil.mail@freenet.de 13.10.01 00:43

Once upon a time shaped the electrons to say...

>Hi all,

>vdr is a great work, thanks to Klaus!

>My only problem is, that since I use vdr (from version 0.7x to 0.96)
>if I delete records with vdr, my system hangs.

>Here the symtoms:

>My system is a 1GHZ Thunderbird, NMC 8TAX+ MB, 256MB Ram, Hauppauge
>Rev 1.3 Sat card, 80 Maxtor disk, Suse 7.2.

Which kernel is that? (Suse is just distribution. writing
"Suse 7.2" is similar to writing "bought my new jacket
at Hertie 15:03 o clock". :-)

[files system crashes]

>First I used a vat partition for
>my video directory. When I deleted some records with vdr and
>vdr does this I get the following error messages in the
>/var/log/messages

>Does any body have an idea whats wrong?

It does not sound vdr specific.

What kind of IDE cable do you have?
How long is the cable?
Doesn't have the NMC the buggy VIA IDE Chip set? (I don't know, some days ago
there were some problems)
Did you try to make kernels 10 times or more in a script as a test?
(On that disk)

Home | Main Index | Thread Index