[vdr] Re: a little bit off topic but importent for vdr

Peter Seyringer wrote:

> Hello!
>
> Does someone know where linux saves the count of starts to calculate the
> file system checking? I want to change it because it needs a lot of time for
> a 80GB drive. I don't want to update to the reiserfs because i have seen at
> the homepage auf reiserfs that it isn't so fast for big files like that one
> that vdr produces.

XFS works extremely well for me. I am very happy with it.
It also was easy to install and I had not the slightest
file-system-related problem ever since.
Highly recommendable!
See my posting of Fri, 06 Jul 2001 17:25:51 for a
step-by-step description how to do it.

Except for my tiny (22MB) boot partition, everything
is XFS on my VDR PC and I plan to keep it that way.

Filesystem    Type    Size  Used Avail Use% Mounted on
/dev/hda3      xfs     93G   87G  6.9G  93% /
/dev/hda1     ext2     22M  5.2M   16M  25% /boot
/dev/hde1      xfs     76G   57G   19G  75% /80gb
/dev/hdg1      xfs     93G   61G   32G  66% /video

Carsten.

Home | Main Index | Thread Index