[vdr] Re: MP3 extention: release 8 available

> Please refer to my homepage for download and install
> instructions.
>
> I would like to encourage everyone to give feedback (bugs,
> wishes, suggestions, etc). From my point of view the MP3
> extention is nearly finished. So this may be the time to add some
> of your ideas.

Ok, some wishes/suggestions that I have:

I find it very useful to generate playlists in the menu, but
the menu is a little bit difficult to navigate:
If  you add a file to the playlist, you should get easily back to the
current directory (not to the root of the directory-tree)
(Maybe ever when you select the item MP3, the last menu-page should
be showen)
If you select [..] to go one dir up, the dir where you came from should be
selected and not [..] so that you can go back if you press "OK" again.

I've noticed Sound is not Hi-Fi (i'm no Hi-Fi enthusiast)
especially if there are high tones the sound is distorted.
The same MP3 sounds much better if I play them burned as CD or in Winamp.
I think this is the result of the resampling to 48 kHz in mpg123.
There are also "clicks" if the OSD is updated.

Roland

Home | Main Index | Thread Index