[vdr] Re: MPlayer <-> VDR, first try

Am 14.10.2001 21:53:46, schrieb "Matthias Queisler" <webmaster@internettest.de>:

>> > When I replay MP3 the Display shows the channel watched before, is it
>> > possible that the current MP3 is shown and a timeline?
>>
>> Did you ever tried to press the "OK" button during replay?
>
>sure, but the LCD doesn't display the title etc. just the old tv-channel is
>displayed.

This is again a problem with the patches. The LCDproc-patch involves many changes in
dozens of places of the code, and even in the standard version there are such problems
(e.g. after a replay the display stays clear instead of showing the channel-info and the
Event-info is not updated automatically over time).

Klaus once told me he thought about a more generic interface for such things...
I was thinking of it lately and would like to ask what you all think about it: I believe it's
quite common to use the /proc-'filesystem' to store information about running processes
and state-information. So how about adding a /proc/vdr-tree where VDR puts all the
information it has (current channel, EPG-info, timers, osd-contents, state of all cards etc.),
allowing the use of external programs to get whatever information you want and
displaying it on any device you want?
Of course this will be a lot of work, but I think it is generic enough and also a way of
keeping it simple :-)

Greetings,   Marcus

Home | Main Index | Thread Index