[vdr] Re: OT: 149 GB Maxtor disks.

On Sun, 15 Apr 2001 12:10:55 +0200, Axel Gruber <axelgruber3@gmx.de>
wrote:

> Thatīs interesting - how do you connect 7 Disks ?
> Do you have a aditional Controller  ?
>
> Or are the 7 Disks not on the same Machine ?

I have a Gigabyte GA-7ZXR Rev.3.0 Board. It has a Promise controller
onboard and works in normal Ultra-IDE mode without any problems with the
normal Suse kernel from 7.1 and the 2.4.4 kernel downloaded from Suse.

On standard IDE I have 3 older Maxtor 82 GB models and a DVD-ROM drive,
at the Promise I have 1 old 82 GB and 3 new 80 GB disks. I wanted to run
everything as Raid-5, but this was to unstable with the 2.4.0 kernel. So
I have Raid-0 now with 2.4.4 and ReiserFS. I currently have no problems
with disks and filesystem. But I probably upgrade to Suse 7.3 soon
because the CPU load is very high for bdflush (see my previous postings)
and probably change to XFS.

Emil

Home | Main Index | Thread Index