[vdr] Re: Pausing a live stream- Timeshifting with tv-out

On Tue, 16 Oct 2001 09:46:37 +0200, "Marc Stauff" <news@stauff.org>
wrote:

> Perhaps this has been asked bevore, so please forgive me,
>
> but isn't it possible to do time-shifting using a single Dvs-Card and the
> Tv-out of
> a normal graphics-Card ?

You can do this if you can find any programm supporting full vdr OSD and
mppeg decoding. :)
This would certainly be a nice extension to have a program which could
run on any computer to display videos and control vdr without having a
DVB-s.

> (Dvb's cards are a bit expensive...)

As you don't need any fancy graphic card you can save mony there and
invest into a second DVB-s. ;-)

Emil

Home | Main Index | Thread Index