[vdr] Re: Pausing a live stream- Timeshifting with tv-out

On Tuesday, October 16, 2001 11:58 AM, Emil Naepflein
[SMTP:Emil.Naepflein@philosys.de] wrote:
> On Tue, 16 Oct 2001 09:46:37 +0200, "Marc Stauff" <news@stauff.org>
> wrote:
>
> > Perhaps this has been asked bevore, so please forgive me,
> >
> > but isn't it possible to do time-shifting using a single Dvs-Card and
the
> > Tv-out of
> > a normal graphics-Card ?
>
> You can do this if you can find any programm supporting full vdr OSD and
> mppeg decoding. :)
> This would certainly be a nice extension to have a program which could
> run on any computer to display videos and control vdr without having a
> DVB-s.

You can use xine from xine.sf.net for playing vdr files on your computer
monitor.
I've written a plugin for that. Of course OSD is not available.

mfg
Joachim

Home | Main Index | Thread Index