[vdr] Re: Recording programes followin one another from the same channel

Andreas Gebel wrote:

> Hi
>
> when trying to record programmes following one another there is a problem
> that vdr stops the recording at the end of the first timer and re-enters the
> recording mode just after that. This will always cause a few seconds lost
> between the two recordings.
> No problem if there is a commercial break between the two programmes but on
> channels like ProSieben there is often not.
> My suggestion is that vdr looks if overlapping timers are programmed on the
> same channel and writes the dvb data to the two recording files simultaneusly.
>
> I have no idea about coding such a thing but I think this would be a nice to
> have feature that is usefull for others, too.

This would certainly involve a great deal of efforts, which would widely
break the clear structure of VDR. I don't think it would be worth it.

Why don't you just program your timer so that it records both programmes
into one file, and maybe split it later (if that is at all necessary).

Klaus