[vdr] Re: Recording programes followin one another from the same channel

On Wed, 17 Oct 2001 10:08:32 +0200, Klaus Schmidinger
<Klaus.Schmidinger@cadsoft.de> wrote:

> This would certainly involve a great deal of efforts, which would widely
> break the clear structure of VDR. I don't think it would be worth it.
>
> Why don't you just program your timer so that it records both programmes
> into one file, and maybe split it later (if that is at all necessary).

The problem is that you would have to do a lot of things directly in
Linux because the OSD is missing some features (rename file, epg info
for second part) or is very inconvinient to use for some tasks (changing
times for multiple hours takes very long, jumping across multiple hours
of recording is slow).

It certainly would be a nice feature, but I also think it is (currently)
not worth it because the case - same channel and two consecutive
recordings - does not happen very often. I have most of the time the
problem with different channels, especially at times like 20:15 where a
lot of transmissions start concurrently and I have one ore two
recordings till 20:20 for transmissons terminated at 20:15.

So I would propose to improve the OSD generally (if there is some time
left from the other important task to improve stability of the whole
system ;-) ). Things like modifying the names and properties of
recordings are of more general use. Important would be a kind of soft
keyboard to be able to enter text faster and options to enter times in
timers more directly instead of scrolling through each minute.

Emil

Home | Main Index | Thread Index