[vdr] Re: Log of Timer Bug

Marcus Kuba wrote:

> Am 17.10.2001 22:12:57, schrieb Klaus Schmidinger <Klaus.Schmidinger@cadsoft.de>:
>
> >Anybody else who ever experienced a timer not starting at the expected
> >time or being executed at a completely wrong time should please also apply
> >this patch and send me the log data if that happens.
>
> Since I changed the watchdog to do 'nothing' and setting the timer to 15 seconds, my
> VDR has no more missed any timer. They all start and end at the correct times.
> It looks like the 'castrated' watchdog is good enough to 'awake' vdr and bring it back to
> its main-loop without interfering normal operation. Of course it's not clean and a memory-
> leak somehow, but at least on my system it works and I prefer to restart vdr by hand once
> a day instead of having it being restarted over and over again while a recording is in
> progress.
> Nevertheless I've put you patch in.. but I still would rather like to know why and where it
> happens that the main-loop gets stuck (and why and how it gets out of 'stuck-mode' even
> without a watchdog, but when it's too late). Maybe a logfile-entry "I'm running..." every full
> minute could bring in some light to see if and how often it happens, even at times without
> timers pending. And I think the "system time seen" can be removed since there was no
> case ever when it showed another time than the log.

I guess it would certainly help if you could provide such information.
Just put some 'dsyslog()' calls into the main loop at several "strategic"
places and write a timestamp into the log file. Also write a message to the
log file when the watchdog hits. Maybe this can show us where the main program is
when the watchdog hits.

Klaus