-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Klaus Schmidinger [mailto:Klaus.Schmidinger@cadsoft.de]
Gesendet am: Freitag, 19. Oktober 2001 09:58
An: vdr@linuxtv.org
Betreff: [vdr] Re: AW: Re: Control a 2nd DVB-Card

RAINER.BORGER@LFT.DLH.DE wrote:

> This is another way of course. But it is not really a shorter way.
> Perhaps it is possible in later versions of VDR to provide a button to
> change the channel of the second card to the present channel of the
> "Primary" interface.
> It's i idea.

Let's *keep it simple*!!

The next one might come and say "I have four DVB cards - lets have one
button
for each of them to switch the channel to that one of the first card".
And then "Why to the channel of the first card? - I want a different channel
on each card!".

I believe switching the primary interface is good enough.
If you really want to control both cards independently from each other,
why don't you run seperate instances of VDR for each card (using the '-D'
and '-c' options)?

Klaus