[vdr] Re: AW: Re: Control a 2nd DVB-Card

On Fri, 19 Oct 2001 09:58:20 +0200, Klaus Schmidinger
<Klaus.Schmidinger@cadsoft.de> wrote:

> I believe switching the primary interface is good enough.
> If you really want to control both cards independently from each other,
> why don't you run seperate instances of VDR for each card (using the '-D'
> and '-c' options)?

Because then you loose the advantage of a second card for recording and
timeshifting. :)

You know, we always find a hair in the soup. ;-)

I actually have a 4 DVB system and sometimes would like to set the
channel or start a replay on annother card for a second viewer. I
actually could feed two channels with the Conrad modulator into my
distribution network.

But in my case better would be to have multiple *primary* interfaces
with independent OSDs running. A real multiuser VDR. ;-)

BTW, what happens when I start a replay and change the primary?
Is the replay stopped or does it continue?
I will try it when I am at home.

Emil

Home | Main Index | Thread Index