[vdr] Re: NVRAM WakeUp

> #define RTC_FIRST_BYTE    14         /* RTC register number of first ... */
> #define NVRAM_BYTES  128-RTC_FIRST_BYTE /* number of NVRAM bytes */
>
> havent tried 2.4.10 and later.

Just tested it with my 2.4.0 kernel (set the above values and made new
kernel), now i could follow your instructions and nvram-wake finally wrote
correct values (verified with Bios, Mainboard TRM-P6B40A4X).

Unfortunately it does not work for me _without_and_with_ rebooting!!!
Have tried to set the RTC_ALM via /dev/rtc too, the ioctl(RTC_ALM_SET) works,
but RTC_ALM_GET returns always 0:0:0, ioctl(RTC_AIE_ON) did'nt help.

Somehow i'am one of the unfortunate people were it does'nt work at all.

The only idea i do now have:
No mainboard has today actually an separate MC146818 chip, probably it's done
in the mainboard chipset (here Winbond W83977TF).
Therefore the ALM-programming has not to be 100% compatible with the old chip
(just date/time need to work) and the trick would be programming the winbond
chip directly (specs available).

BTW, once i contacted Tekram with the question if software-programming of the
ALM is possible and was told "No"...

Home | Main Index | Thread Index