[vdr] Re: still frames vs. latest DVB driver

Henning Holtschneider wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I just updated my system to the latest DVB driver and VDR 0.96. I then
> tried to move cutting marks on a recording but the picture doesn't get
> updated. I tried the driver both with and without Klaus' patch to dvb.c
> without success. Can anyone confirm this problem?

I just tried the latest driver (2001-10-18) and can confirm that the still
frame display doesn't work (neither with nor without my patch). I guess now
its time somebody finds out why the convergence people are able to display still
frames, while VDR is not :-( Must be something in the format of VDR's I-frames.

Also, it would appear that setting the audio PIDs often doesn't work with
the new driver version. I often get the video of one channel and the audio
of another (or no audio at all).

I therefore still recommend driver version 2001-09-21 for use with VDR.

Klaus