[vdr] Re: Video Disk Recorder version 0.97

Gregoire Favre wrote:

> On Mon, Oct 22, 2001 at 04:44:57PM +0200, Koch, Steffen wrote:
> > anything from 010921 should do
> > IMO Klaus is using this version...
>
> Well, I have tried it, also with the little patch included on the VDR
> dowload page, BUT it goes very well on the first channel switch (and on
> DVD too), but then I got dvbapi.c errors (if I remember right, something
> like device or resource busy and the panic/error, not able to set pid
> for channel). And as I have read, I am not the only one with that
> problem...
>
> I had wrote to Ralph with that problem report, but didn't receive a
> solution: he is really busy to give us such a great driver, and it's not
> a driver bug as ntuxzap works perfectly for me...

But something _must_ have changed in the driver since 2001-09-20, because
with the older driver VDR works fine, while with the newer driver it doesn't.
Maybe applications need to do channel switching differently in the latest driver.
Would be nice if one of the driver developers could give us a hint here...

Klaus