[vdr] Re: Video Disk Recorder version 0.97

On Tue, 23 Oct 2001, Koch, Steffen wrote:

> Is there a known problem with the OSD "disappearing" after watching a
> recording. Disappearing in this case means the the OSD is 1 char in height
> and approx. 6-8 chars wide. This is observed on my machine with driver
> 010921 and newer with VDR0.96 and VDR0.97. I haven't tested with older
> drivers. With VDR0.95 everything is fine that way. Not tested with newer
> driver upto now. I'll test that in lunch-break.

I have seen this several times with 0.96. The workaround is to disable the
feature "display the current action while replay" (or however it is
called) in the setup menu.

there must be something wrong with it. e.g. if you are replaying without
the time bar, set some marks and jump to one of them (bringing the time
bar on screen) then press 2 to start the cutting process, the time bar
disappears, still showing the small pause status "  ||  " and puts the
message "Schnittvorgang gestartet" into _this_ small OSD. (you just see
the "Schni" or something likethat).
   After that sometimes you get the "normal" OSD (with the OK or menu or
whatever button),
   but sometimes the OSD stays in the 1x6 (or 1x8) size
until you restart vdr.

c ya
        Sergei

         eMail:       Sergei.Haller@math.uni-giessen.de