[vdr] subtitles in DVD replay (was: Re: Video Disk Recorder version 0.97)

Hello,
you cannot choose subtitles since it has not been implemented, yet.

There have been discussions about using the OSD. But first of all, the OSD produces picture distortions from time to time and, secondly, the DVD-video standard implements subtitles as subpictures. So there is no easy way to extract the text from the subtitle stream.
Because the MPEG stream is decoded within the DVB card we can only hope to have some kind of overlay feature in the hardware or to go with Softwaresolutions...

CR.

Home | Main Index | Thread Index