[vdr] Re: subtitles in DVD replay

Quoting "Rienecker, Fa. Evenio, ITS P, M" <C.Rienecker@deutschepost.de>:

> Hello,
> you cannot choose subtitles since it has not been implemented, yet.
>
> There have been discussions about using the OSD. But first of all, the
> OSD produces picture distortions from time to time and, secondly, the
> DVD-video standard implements subtitles as subpictures. So there is no
> easy way to extract the text from the subtitle stream.
> Because the MPEG stream is decoded within the DVB card we can only hope
> to have some kind of overlay feature in the hardware or to go with
> Softwaresolutions...
>
> CR.

Eh, there was this nice tool dvdplayer-0.5 which can display subtitles
using the OSD. I have not tried that on a TV set but it worked fine with
xawtv.
Shouldn't it be possible to use this code for extracting and displaying
subtitles from the stream in VDR?

Regards, Andreas.

Home | Main Index | Thread Index