[vdr] Re: MP3 Patch and VDR/Driver shutdown ?

On 25 Oct 2001 Axel Gruber <axelgruber3@gmx.de> wrote:

> Also MP3 works. But sometimes (sometimes often) i want to play
> a song then i donīt hear anything - the Playback donīt start and
> i see TV-Screen.

I know that sometimes the mp3 decoder thread (which in fact is
mpg123) is started and decoding, but VDR doesn't receives data
through the pipe (in most cases VDR hangs until the watchdog
hits). What I don't know how this happens...

> If this happen iīm not able to unload the DRIVER.
> Then i have to reboot the Machine....

You don't have to reboot. In the case of the fault, the mpg123
process is still running after VDR has exited (and mpg123 has
inherit some filehandles from VDR). This is why you can't unload
the driver. Do a

ps -ax | grep mpg123

and kill the left behind task. Now you can unload the driver.

I hope I'll sone have some time to look into this problem.

--
Stefan Huelswitt
huels@iname.com  | http://home.pages.de/~nathan

Home | Main Index | Thread Index