[vdr] Re: Time-shift with 3 cards (one used for encrypted channels)

>Norbert Schmidt wrote:

... cut ... cut ...

>> ... to make the following at the same time possible ...
>>
>> a)      1st watch  TV/video/time-shift 2nd/3rd card
>>          OR record free-to-air (depending on PrimaryLimit)
>>         2nd record free-to-air
>>         3rd record PW
>>          OR record nothing (!!!)*
>>         *Because a scheduled PW-record should be done***
>>
>> b)      1st watch  TV/video/time-shift 2nd/3rd card
>>          OR record free-to-air (depending on PrimaryLimit)
>>         2nd record free-to-air
>>         3rd record free-to-air (!!!)**
>>        **Because no scheduled PW-record***

... cut ... cut ...

Klaus Schmidinger wrote:

>That would be pretty much the same setup as I have (3 Siemens DVB-S,
>with CAM in the third card), so I would say that what you describe
>should all be possible.
>
>Recordings will first occupy the second card, then the third one.
>In any case a PW recording will grab the third one, possibly forcing
>an ongoing recording to continue on the first (primary) card.

Thanx Klaus,

sounds realy good to me, so I will update my maschine ASAP ;-))

Norbert

Norbert Schmidt                   Phone: +49-2841-507127
Saarbruecker Strasse 3m           Email: nschmidt-nrw@t-online.de
D-47443 Moers, Germany            URL:   none