[vdr] Re: keys: Very slow response to "recording"

On 28 Oct 2001 02:44:00 +0200, Usenet-372112@zocki.toppoint.de (Rainer
Zocholl) wrote:

> real    0m0.124s
> user    0m0.050s
> sys     0m0.070s
>
> missing: 14,876 sec ;-)

Try it directly in recording.c. At least for me it was considerably
faster.

> I think that's someting different.
> (The system is a 1000MHz Pentium with 128MB 133MHz CL 2 RAM
> and i815 Chipset, UDMA is enabled, hdparm say:
> 22MB/s datarate from disc. All not that slow?)

Put more memory into the system. With only 128 MB in my system it
sometimes was very slow. Now with 256 MB it is considerably faster.
Maybe it has todo something with the available buffers. If the buffers
containing the directory data are pushed out because you do a concurrent
recording then it may take some time until the blocks are read again.

Emil

Home | Main Index | Thread Index