[vdr] Re: Idea: Change DVB card while recording

Am 28.10.2001 15:10:30, schrieb Klaus Schmidinger <Klaus.Schmidinger@cadsoft.de>:

>As I said: technically this is certainly possible - but I really don't think
>it is worth building all this complex (and error prone) stuff into VDR, just
>for a very rare case...

A question... is it possible to concatenate two overlapping recordings to one?
If it where possible to just copy/rename the *.vdr-files from the second recording to the
directory of the first and append the second index.vdr to the first (don't know if this is
possible.. if there is information in the index that includes the number of the 00x.vdr, this
would have to be corrected), one could easily cut the overlapping parts. Since all cutting
is based on I-Frames and those I-Frames should be equal in both recordings, it shouldn't
be too hard to find two identical frames in the stream and mark them as start/stop for the
cutting.

Greetings,   Marcus

Home | Main Index | Thread Index