[vdr] Re: default setting of non used cards (was:Re: Re: Idea: Change DVB card while recording

On 28 Oct 2001 18:07:00 +0200, Usenet-372112@zocki.toppoint.de (Rainer
Zocholl) wrote:

> Better yes, i would like to, but it is not possible, sorry.
>
> But I don't own the house and there is no way to get another
> cable (or 3!) from the dish or install an own dish.
> So i have only one coax cable.
> AFAIK it is imposible to get both polarizations on one wire
> simultaniously, or?

There is something from Technisat, but it is not usable in your case.

> (*)10W for 24h over 365 days makes 10*24*365 = 87600Wh or 87kWh.
> With 25c/kWh that's aprox 20EUR for nothing.
> With 4 Cards 60EUR a year. (Sometimes the cards are really
> in use, so i took 10% off (87,6->80).

My system with 4 cards and 7 disks uses about 130 W. A kWh costs about
10-12 c. But that is another issue.

I am prepared to pay for extra convinience, and the Linux-VDR is
certainly worth it. The time that is saved by not having to view
commercials is worth much more than the energy cost and the cost of the
whole box. ;-)

Emil

Home | Main Index | Thread Index