[vdr] Re: keys: Very slow response to "recording"

Emil.Naepflein@philosys.de(Emil Naepflein)  28.10.01 18:39

Once upon a time Emil Naepflein shaped the electrons to say...

>On Sun, 28 Oct 2001 18:09:33 +0100, alfred.zastrow@t-online.de (Alfred
>Zastrow) wrote:

>> Bad hint,

>No, real experience. ;-)

>> I used to run my vdr machine with 32 MB Ram succesfully - without
>> any delays and without any problems on an K6-2/400.

>What version of Linux were you used to run on your vdr machine. Mine
>ran fine with 128 MB and Linux 2.4.0.
>After setting up a 4 DVB machine
>with raid and reiserfs it was nearly unusable with multiple concurrent
>recordings and playback. Even disabling the X-Server didn't help.
>After installing another 128 MB everything is fine now.

Have a look ino the linux kernel change log.
they had a problem with memory below 196MB.

That would easily explain why 256MB solves it.

What's against "not enough memroy":
Why do i have once 15sec delay and after a short while all was
well?
Currently i have no Reiser FS, just ext2.

Home | Main Index | Thread Index