[vdr] DVD sync patch for vdr-0.97

Hi,

I now have a patch for vdr-0.97 that (hopefully) improves the DVD audio
syncinc. This version is a cleaner version of the 0.96 version patch.

It still contains some experimental code that will hopefully go away in
the next version. I can't guarantee that external AC3 playback will work
it, but your welcome to report any success or failure.

This patch changes some fundamental pieces of the input/output
synchronization mechanisms. It is therefore not unlikely that it will
break the MP3 patch (you have been warned!).

The patch can be found at:
<http://www.cs.uni-magdeburg.de/~aschultz/dvd/vdr-0.97-sync4.patch.gz>

Further plans for the DVD stuff are:

   1. replace ac3dec with liba52, this would allow 4 and 6 audio channel
      decoding for cards that support this
   2. implement SPU decoding (subtitle and menus)
   3. implement *full* DVD navigation (actually, i already have this, but
      it's not doing any good without 2.)
   4. SVCD/MPEG 1 playback (simple)
   5. steal^H^H^H^H^Hborrow DIVX stuff from MPlayer ;-)

Any comments?

Have fun

     Andreas

Home | Main Index | Thread Index