[vdr] Re: Idea: Change DVB card while recording

> At 25fps a 12-frame GOP is (nearly) a half second. And did you
> noticed that you have square picture distortions just after the
> cutting point in most cases?
> I think this is because B- & I-frames rely on past frames for
> their incremental picture changes.

from: http://bmrc.berkeley.edu/frame/research/mpeg/mpeg_overview.html
"Frames can be encoded in three types: intra-frames (I-frames), forward
predicted frames (P-frames), and bi-directional predicted frames (B-frames).
[...]
An I-frame is encoded as a single image, with no reference to any past or
future frames.
[...]
A P-frame is encoded relative to the past reference frame. A reference frame
is a P- or I-frame.
[...]
A B-frame is encoded relative to the past reference frame, the future
reference frame, or both frames. The future reference frame is the closest
following reference frame (I or P). The encoding for B-frames is similar to
P-frames, except that motion vectors may refer to areas in the future
reference frames."

> --
> Stefan Huelswitt
> huels@iname.com  | http://home.pages.de/~nathan