[vdr] Re: AW: DVD sync patch for vdr-0.97

Hi,

Andreas Schultz wrote:

> You can try 'ntuxplay' with your favorite SVCD to see wether it works
> for you or not. The DVD audio syncing stuff should make it almost
> trivial (i hope) to get the SVCD stuff right.

Hmm - haven't tried that yet. However, with some extra (manual) steps I
could already play some VCDs/SVCDs via VDR:
- take the 'vcdrip' tool from vcdimager to rip the tracks of your VCD
- rename the resulting files to 001.vdr etc. and move them to an
appropriate VDR directory
- replay as usual - voila

> Oh, and by the way, VCD and SVCD require a file picker. As Stefan has
> already done a great job with that, i'm most probaly going to merge in
> at least some of the MP3 stuff. This should make the lives of those
> using both patches easier.

Is there a need to access them via filesystem? AFAIK you can directly
'rawread' the mpeg data from the CD tracks... Could it even make easier
to integrate into VDR based on your and Stefans great work on DVD and
MP3.

I'll give it a try too when I have some more time to write a little bit
of code the next weekend ;-)

Good luck,
Thomas

Home | Main Index | Thread Index