[vdr] nvram-wakeup, tests, still not working for me...

For those with a similar system:
Tekram-motherboard with i82371-BX chipset

Reading more specs revealed that the above chip includes the RTC and
an additional "extended" RTC = another 128Bytes CMOS-RAM (at 0x72/73).
Reading all the registers for both shows identical data, eventually the
extended one is (according to spec) "mapped to ISA" (instead of internal) -
whatever that means.

However, the RTC-part shows that register 0x0d of the RTC-chip contains the
"day-of-month"-alarm! Writing the date (in BCD-format?) activates it, further
reads show then that information.

But - after all - that still not solves my problem, tests with this failed to
wakup my system. That does'nt change if one follows the advice to enable
"interrupt on alarm" by setting bit2 in register 0x0b, which has the only
effect, that the NVRAM is scrambled after next reboot!!! (DANGER).

For all this test the wakeup-functionality was enabled in the Bios (Award
4.51)

Further reading the 82371 spec shows that one has to enable the RTC-wakup
by setting bit 10 in the PMEN register (function3, offset 0x02) and some
other eventually too. However, that has to be done via PCI-access to that
chip - and that is my question:

If someone here can point me to a little program showing how to access
PCI-cards etc. i would try to solve that problem.

Also, if someone can verify that setting the day-of-month alarm via writing
to 0x0d works would be fine.

Guido

Home | Main Index | Thread Index