[vdr] Re: LIRC not working on SuSE 7.2 - SOLVED

Sergei Haller wrote:

> On Thu, 1 Nov 2001, Klaus Schmidinger wrote:
>
> KS> > The LIRC hardware I'm using is the one from www.zapway.de, and it
> KS> > is connected to COM1 (which would be /dev/ttyS1). The hardware itself
>
> actually /dev/ttyS0 is COM1

Well, looks like I made a typo in my inital message.
It should have read "connected to COM2 (which would be /dev/ttyS1)".
Funny that if something goes wrong, it _really_ goes wrong...

I meanwhile have made sure LIRC is configured to use /dev/ttyS0 (which is
COM1), but the IR adapter is definitely plugged into a connector labelled
COM2 on my computer casing. So my inital error was simply to trust the labelling
on the casing...

Sorry for the confusion.

Klaus