[vdr] Re: A/V syncing in DVD replay

Thomas Koch wrote:

> Am 3.11.2001 um 12:40 schrieb Klaus Schmidinger:
>
> > I would appreciate if those amoung you who have a DVD drive installed
> > in their VDR machine could run tests with this version, and see whether
> > audio and video (replayed via the DVB card's A/V out!) are ok. There
> > might be DVDs out there with A/V multiplexing different than the ones
> > I had available for testing. If you have a DVD where audio/video replay
> > is broken or out of sync, please let me know.
>
> I have tested three DVD's and all the time A/V was in sync. But in one
> case after pressing back i have no audio in live stream. It only happens
> one time, i can't reproduce this.

I also have this occasionally. I assume this has nothing to do with A/V sync,
so let's dig into this one later. I'm glad to hear replay is in sync with your
DVDs :-)

> An other problem occurs when i skip two chapters in 'Start Trek - First
> Contact'. This problems exist since VDR have DVD support. I'm going to
> test this with an newer version of libdvdread later.

Chapter skipping works just fine here. Maybe this is a problem with this
specific DVD? How exactly does the problem manifest itself?

Klaus