[vdr] MP3 extention pre release

Hi all,
I have done many big changes to the source and now there is a
pre-release available for the ones of you who dare to test the
new code. :-)

The biggest change is the, that I now using libmad for MP3
decoding and ID3 stuff. I'm very interested in feedback about the
new decoder (stability, quality).

News in detail:

10.11.2001 - Version 0.25pre1 (MPlayer version 0.3) (vdr 0.98)
-Updated for vdr 0.98
-Using libmad <http://www.mars.org/home/rob/proj/mpeg/> for
 mp3 decoding. mpg123 is no longer needed. This removes all
 problems related to mpg123 (e.g. bad locale, startup hangup,
 left behind mpg123 thread and more).
-Added ID3 support in playlist editor. You can switch display of
 filenames and ID3 names with the green key. NOTE: the initial
 display of the ID3 names can take some time as all the files
 have to be scanned. Press OK to see full information on a
 seperate page.
-Added ID3 support in the browser. Press the blue key to get the
 information page. NOTE: on none-MP3 files only the filename is
 displayed.
-Joined with MPlayer patch. Add MPLAYER=1 to make command line
 to enable MPlayer support. Obmit MP3=1 if you want only MPlayer
 support.

The pre-release is only available from the download dir at
<http://www.muempf.de/down/> and only as a patch against plain
vdr 0.98.

Short install instructions:
1.) Download libmad at <http://www.mars.org/home/rob/proj/mpeg/>
    You should use at least version 0.14.1b
2.) Install libmad:
    > configure --enable-shared
    > make
    > make install
    > ldconfig
3.) Compile vdr with MP3=1 (and MPLAYER=1 if wanted).

CU

--
Stefan Huelswitt
huels@iname.com  | http://home.pages.de/~nathan