[vdr] Re: MP3 extention pre release

On 12 Nov 2001 Matthias Fechner <idefix@fechner.net> wrote:

> I use vdr 0.98.
> Than i go into VDR and type patch -p0 </tmp/vdr-0.98-mp3-0.25pre1.diff
>
> Than if i asked for some files i inserted only the filename.

If you would use -p1 you won't be asked ...

> /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lz
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> make: *** [vdr] Error 1

Your system lacks libz which is use by libid3tag internaly (or
may be the linker doesn't have the right path to find it).

On my system I have:

# locate libz | grep /lib/
/lib/libz.so.1
/lib/libz.so.1.1.3
/usr/lib/libz.a
/usr/lib/libz.so

I saw that there is a stripped-down version of libz included in
libmad, but this is only used with static libraries. Anybody
knows how to link with a static library?

--
Stefan Huelswitt
huels@iname.com  | http://home.pages.de/~nathan

Home | Main Index | Thread Index