[vdr] Re: MP3 extention pre release

Am Sonntag, 11. November 2001 18:58 schrieben Sie:
> no mplayer-replay (just a black screen) when vdr is started in
> background ( like "vdr&" ). As soon as it is put to foreground
> with "fg", replaying starts immediatly.
>
> I think all tools and Scripts are in some reasonable path, like
> /usr/bin. So any idea for solving that?
>
> Apart of this, mplayer support is playing fine.

Try running vdr in background using -d option, not &.
Try running it in the foreground in an environment-clean su shell
(log in as user, then su without "-") and then run vdr. Might show you some
error messages you didn't see before. Helped me with some issues as well.
My last problem was that mplayer didn't play correctly as root in a clean
environment (as it is when forked into background, somehow).

Greets,
Sascha Volkenandt

Home | Main Index | Thread Index