[vdr] AW: Re: AW: Re: OT: DVD-Recording under linux

Sell Scsi DVD ROM=20
Buy ATA
Firewire is also for internal devices.
I have no other solution for you sorry.

I tought a few months ago also about scsi and Ata.
Expensiv Hardware under SCSI and the external solutions are also
expensiv.
So i tested firewire, and it works fine for me.
Price for devices are better and external are the same price as scsi.
The Cables are smaller and can be longer than any SCSI.
So i can use DVD/CD etc in the Living room and the VDR in the cellar.
As i know there are also Firewire to SCSI interfaces avalible, have a
look at the C'T there are often a "Anzeige" about Firewire Resellers
from Taiwan selling to Germany. There you can inform yourself about the
Solutions on Firewire.

The best is my Notebook has Firewire and TV out, so i can use it to
watch recording in Holidays just have to use one of my external devices.
Bernd

-----Urspr=FCngliche Nachricht-----