[vdr] Re: SV: Re: Timeshift HOWTO?

On Thu, 22 Nov 2001 08:04:10 +0100, Axel Gruber <axelgruber3@gmx.de>
wrote:

> I dont undersatand all this discussion about a "alternative" output-Device=
>  for Timeshifting.
>
> I now use VDR sinde over 1 Year - and 1 Thing i can say: I don=B4t use Tim=
> eshifting so often !

Totally different here:
Except for News and some other *live* events we practically don't view
anything at the time it is transmitted anymore. The disks are constantly
filled with repeated recordings and single recordings we schedule for
the current day. Even transmissions we want to see the same day are
viewed time-shifted to allow skipping the commercials. We just insert a
30 min - 1 h long other recording and when this is finished we view it
time-shifted. This saves a lot of time. Most of the viewed recordings
will be deleted afterwards.

This all has changed our viewing habit drastically. We now view more
transmissions we have explicitly selected. And has I can do 3 recordings
concurrently it is very seldom that we miss something interesting.

> Sure - this is realy not a cheap thing - but it=B4s the best investion in =
> Hi-FI equipment since i watch TV...

I agree totally with you. ;-)

Emil

Home | Main Index | Thread Index