[vdr] Re: DVD-AC3-Playback

Hello Andreas,

Actually, I got it before ;)

> There have been to much complaints about DVD AC3 playback. So i had
> quick look at it.

Did I complain THAT much? ;-)
Actually, I tried to make it work without bothering you... ;)
(But almost breaking my system by trying every ALSA version out there...)

> Everyone with problems, could you please try to modify line 772
> (cPlayBuffer::PlayExternalDolby()) in dvbapi.c.

> This will most likely break AC3-out for DVB streams.
>
> Please report your findings ASAP especialy wether this change indeed
> breaks DVB AC3 or not.

Aye Sir! ;)
I took the time however to try it also with my "problem" DVD, Star Trek
First Contact (US, RPC1).
Perfect sync, no problems with ac3dec!!!!!

And: It indeed breaks DVB AC3. It's quite the opposite way 'round with your
patch.

I guess, that chapter can be closed now. Congratulations.

Yours,
Stephan

Home | Main Index | Thread Index