[vdr] Re: DVD playback problems

----- Original Message -----
From: "Gregoire Favre" <greg@ulima.unil.ch>
To: <vdr@linuxtv.org>
Sent: Wednesday, November 28, 2001 10:11 PM
Subject: [vdr] Re: DVD playback problems

> On Wed, Nov 28, 2001 at 04:03:05PM +0000, Andreas Schultz wrote:
>
> > hae? What hat xv todo with the DVB card?
>
> Right now I am watching a movi using my TV card, connected to the DVB-s
> card that has xv feature, and when I use fullscreen mode, I have my
> movies in 1600x1200 with very good quality...

I don't know what xv is nor what it does, but it sounds strange to me, that
a "program" can make 1600x1200 out of the standard pal-resolution :-)

> But for example if I play a DVD with mplayer, that is a true 16:9 I can
> get a screen quiete bigger than the one from DVB-s, but I think it's a
> limitation of the hardware, isn't it?

Same here. Why should one get more than the DVD-resolution out of a DVD? The
video IS in 720x576 (or 768?), it cannot be viewed in a higher resolution
:-)

> I NEVER managed doing such things directly with DVB-s, for example with
> xawtv, I can't got the real colors...

It worked for me when I was using Windows for DVB-viewing. Fullscreen
1600x1200 tv, but it was interpolated, still not more details than 768x576
would give.

> Thanks you very much for all tremendous works you do ;-)
>
> Grégoire
> http://ulima.unil.ch/greg ICQ:16624071 mailto:greg@ulima.unil.ch

Home | Main Index | Thread Index