[vdr] Re: DVD playback problems

On Thu, Nov 29, 2001 at 01:47:27AM +0100, Sebastian Herp wrote:

> I don't know what xv is nor what it does, but it sounds strange to me, that
> a "program" can make 1600x1200 out of the standard pal-resolution :-)

He he he, then you really miss something, all "good" TV do the same, and
with a nice interpolation, you can get a really good picture ;-))

> Same here. Why should one get more than the DVD-resolution out of a DVD? The
> video IS in 720x576 (or 768?), it cannot be viewed in a higher resolution
> :-)

I think you are still wrong: there are quiete different DVD resolution,
the one you are talking about is for 4:3 one's, (and also some "untrue"
16:9), but you could have more resolution, just play your DVD with
mplayer without xv, and then you seen the exact resolution of your
DVDs...

> It worked for me when I was using Windows for DVB-viewing. Fullscreen
> 1600x1200 tv, but it was interpolated, still not more details than 768x576
> would give.

Yep, but under windows (which I also tried), for me the result wasn't
that good: you have to try under linux!!! But of course you don't get
any more details... just have a look at Gerd Knor xawtv pages about xv
for some informations...

Have a great day,

	Grégoire
http://ulima.unil.ch/greg ICQ:16624071 mailto:greg@ulima.unil.ch