[vdr] MPeg2 encoder/transcoder with stdin/stdout?

Hi Folks,

does anybody know an encoder which works with mpeg2 sources from stdin and
encodes to mpeg1/2 to stdout? I know mencode, but as far as I know it only
encodes to divx.
What I want to do is something like that:

/dev/ost/dvr --> encode to mpeg1/2 with lower bitrates --> stream it with rtp

Any hits?

By the way, some weeks ago, I posted some messages regarding my DVBVideoLAN
project. It starts to work, but i believe you need a rather fast processor
to do the realtime decoding and network-tasks...
Perhaps I should do some profiling :-)

Greetings,
Markus

Home | Main Index | Thread Index