[vdr] Re: Systemtime by satellit (was: Re: Re: Problem with timer-recording

> On Satellite that might be defined other, but i think that the ZDF will
> use the same (exact) clocks as terristic with a little 200ms offset..?)

Well, to point it out:

I observed that normally satellite is 1 or more second behind cabel, but last
friday "Herzblatt" (on ARD) was about 30 seconds earlier on satellite than on
cabel!!!

So much about setting system time by any kind of TV-signal.

But maybe it's the wrong approach:
Set the system time via terrestrial radio transmitted atom clock, _but_ for
recording use the time of the channel to be recorded - did i miss something
then?

But without a standard (replacment) for "VPS" on analog VCR's we still have a
big problem remaining...

Home | Main Index | Thread Index