[vdr] Re: MP3-extension and shoutcast-streams?

----- Original Message -----
From: "Stefan Huelswitt"

> On 30 Nov 2001 "Sebastian Herp" <newsletter@scytheman.net> wrote:
>
> > vdrbox would then have direct internet-access i wonder if it is possible
> > replay shoutcast-streams with your mp3-patch? If not, wouldn't that be a
> > fine feature to implement in version 0.28? :-)
>
> I have no idea what shoutcast-streams are. Is there any linux
> player for this?

shoutcast-streams are mp3-streams used by winamp.
http://www.shoutcast.com/download/files.phtml lists a shoutcast-server for
linux.

http://www.handhelds.org/z/wiki/AudioStreaming has a modification for libmad
to let it play streams.

I am new to linux, so i do not know any player except mpg123 and your
vdr-extension :-) but i think there should be serveral players for X that
support mp3-streams. At least there are virtually no windows-players which
do not support it (and i don't think linux can be that far behind *g*) ...

Home | Main Index | Thread Index