[vdr] Re: DVD playback problems

On Fri, Nov 30, 2001 at 06:41:57PM +0100, Guido Fiala wrote:

> just the window-decorations...

Well, then it has nothing to do with xv...

> AFAIK it has nothing to do with the bttv/dvb driver or v4l in general.
> xawtv simply uses the grabimage() function to copy the video-frame into some
> memory and let the xv-scaling function scale it into graphics-card memory.
> It could be implemented into kvdr - i just don't have the time to do it
> myself.
>
> BTW - for me xawtv does'nt do xv at all :-((

Well, when you run xvideo from xawtv, it list the capabilities of each
devices... and watching what I send to this thread, you could see that
for me there is no scaling available for DVB...

And, did you enable xv extension in Xfree 4, and is it supported by your
hardware now?

Thanks,

	Grégoire
http://ulima.unil.ch/greg ICQ:16624071 mailto:greg@ulima.unil.ch