[vdr] Re: pentium 200 MMX?

Steiner Gerhard wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> is my old hardware (pentium 200 MMX, 96MB, SCSI and a new HDD) ok for VDR
> (with DVD and MP3 playback)?

I had used a Pentium Pro 150 Mhz during the first year or so
of VDRs existence. It worked OK for me with a SCSI disk and
also with an additional UDMA-66 PCI board and IDE disks.

> I know, that it is definitely not sufficient for DivX:-)

I moved to a Pentium III 450 MHz when I installed my second
DVB-S card. With the PIII, DivX ;-) replay works flawlessly
via the graphics card. I have not tried  DivX ;-) replay via
the DVB-S card.

Carsten.

Home | Main Index | Thread Index