[vdr] Re: Small wishes for VDR ;-)

Gregoire Favre wrote:

> On Sun, Dec 02, 2001 at 11:46:48PM +0100, Klaus Schmidinger wrote:
>
> > I'm not sure what you mean - why would you have to patch VDR to use it
> > with LIRC?
>
> ;-)) No: I already use lirc with VDR... What I would like is the file
> config.c have a test to see if the file /etc/VDR/lirc exist, and in that
> case, take the buttons from this file rather than those defined in
> config.c. That's only to avoid the manual editing/patching of it at
> every release of VDR...

Why don't you make your LIRC definitions so that they send the button names
VDR expects? IMO that would be the preferred method.

> And of course, if that file exist, one should only make to compile VDR.
> without the need to make REMOTE=LIRC
>
> Same if /etc/VDR/DVB exist, no more need of DVD=1...

Why should we control these things via *files* in /etc/...???
Can't you make yourself a small shell script that calls the VDR 'make'
with your customized options?

> > > Second wish: the file limit in dvbapi.h which is normaly of 2000 Mb,
> > > same: /etc/VDR/size
> >
> > That parameter is stored in your personal 'setup.conf' and is not
> > overwritten by a new version of VDR.
>
> Well, no, if I don't patch/edit dvbapi.h I cannot have big file (over
> 2000Mb) in setup.conf... which is convenient if you record to convert
> after to divx...

VDR is **NOT** designed for files larger that 2GB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
If it works for you by patching it, ok. But the official VDR version
limits files to 2GB, and I don't plan to change that.

Klaus