[vdr] Re: putting DVD in "quiet" mode

hello matthias + all!

a nearly 5mb-file only to make a dvd spin slower.
that.s one of the most perverted things i.ve ever
seen. ;)) but thanx anyway. :)
cd-bremse for windows does the same and is only
a few k. so IT IS possible. but i can.t find any
way under linux. :(
if so i.ll let you all know.
btw: how do YOU ALL slow down your dvd-rom ?
do you use hdparm? or is there any other way
i don.t know?

servus hannes!

Johannes Schoeller
<schoeller@gmx.at>

> > i own a pioneer DVD 106-s and the problem is:
> > this thing is damn loud.
>
> I have a 105 and also no way found to get it slower under linux.
> Maybe there is a way to catch the IDE-sequences sent to the drive
> under windows (maybe a tool from sysinternals.com will do it).
> Pioneer also have a tool available to reduce the speed:
> http://drivers.pioneer-eur.com/support/index.htm#utility
>
>         Matthias

Home | Main Index | Thread Index