[vdr] Re: New VideoCD Patch

Johannes Feigl wrote:

> On Tue, Dec 04, 2001 at 10:10:24PM +0100, Thomas Heiligenmann wrote:
> > *This message was transferred with a trial version of CommuniGate(tm) Pro*
> >
> > The updated patch (VDR ver. 0.98) to replay VCDs/SVCDs can be found at:
> >
> >     http://www.heiligenmann.de/download/vdr-0.98-vcd2.diff
>
> why not vdr 0.99pre1 ?
>
> if klaus should include it in the vdr-package this would be usefull for
> him ;-)
>
> mfg Johannes

I know there are quite a few pwople who are eagerly awaiting all the various
player patches to be integrated into VDR. But this is not going to happen
before VDR version 1.00, and after that I am planning to implement a generic
player interface that allows a new player to be implemented as a library
object that can be dynamically called at runtime, so there will be no more
need for patching the VDR source. New players can then be implemented completely
separately, and VDR just has to be instructed (at startup or through a config
file, haven't decided yet) which players to include. Ok, so far for the theory - I can't
guarantee that this will work, but I'll try to make it so...

Klaus