[vdr] 5th technology preview - DVD subtiles & navigation

Hi all,

I have a new experimantal version of the DVD navigation patch.

http://www.cs.uni-magdeburg.de/~aschultz/dvd/vdr-0.99pre1-nav5.diff.gz
http://www.cs.uni-magdeburg.de/~aschultz/dvd/vdr-0.99pre1-nav4-nav5.diff.gz

changes to -nav3/4:
    - improved support for still picture based menues
    - audio track and subtitles selection through DVD menue works
    - started some cleanup in cDVDplayBuffer (and introduced more ugly
      code, that needs cleaning)

known issues/todo:
    - video/audio distortions at the end of menu loops
    - audio track and subtitles selction menu access
      not fully implemented
    - user operations are not surpressed as directed by the DVD (this
      especialy applies to surpressing chapter skip's in menues)

The menue spu decoding has been improved and should now work in most
cases. However, the OSD usage will be changed as soon as Klaus has
finisched some changes in cDvbOsd.

I have observed audio distortions with some audio track / subtitle
combinations (e.g., playing "The Matrix" with English audio and German
subtitles distorts audio rather badly at the beginning).
This is most probably due to some kind of memory corruption caused by
the SPU decoder. I will investigate this further, reports on when and
where this happens are welcome.

BUG reporting guidelines:

Before reporting problems with specific DVD's, recompile VDR with
'#define TRACE' set in decoder.c and include the output of vdr in your
report. Without that information, it is almost impossible to identify
the problem.

Have fun

        Andreas

Home | Main Index | Thread Index