[vdr] Re: MPlayer Patch

On 08 Dec 2001 "Matthias Queisler" <webmaster@internettest.de> wrote:

> what about dropping the mplayer.sh and create for every movie an own .sh so
> you can watch every type of movie without changing the mplayer.sh. At the
> moment you can only watch divx and when you want to watch e.g. vivo you have
> to change the mplayer.sh.
> So here is my idea:
>
> FamilyGuy.avi -> The Movie
> FamilyGuy.sh  -> The parameters for mplayer to replay the movie.
>
> what do you ppl think about this? Is it to much work to do an own .sh for
> every file or is it good?

I don't like the idea. I think it is better to detect the
filetype inside mplayer.sh and call mplayer accordingly. See the
example script which comes with the patch for a crude example how
to do this (works with divx & mpeg).

If someone have enhanced the script, please send me a copy for
inclusion in the next release.

--
Stefan Huelswitt
huels@iname.com  | http://home.pages.de/~nathan